The secret to a successful wedding is preparation, where it’s never too early to start planning for your special day.
Twelve to Nine Months Before
- Select potential wedding dates, create a guest list and start confirming attendance.
- Start thinking about your overall wedding budget.
- Meet with a Sofitel Wedding Planner to decide your wedding venue, cuisine, cake & decorations.
Eight To Six Months Before
- Start planning your honeymoon with your Wedding Planner.
- Arrange hotel rooms for your out-of-town guests with your Wedding Planner.
- Decide upon your wedding dress and formalwear for the bridal party.
Five To Three Months Before
- Organize and send wedding invitations to your guests.
- Select a wedding photographer and musicians/DJ with your Wedding Planner.
- Prepare and send a gift registry to the attendees of your wedding.
Two Months Before
- Organize a Bachelor/ Bachelorette Party with your Wedding Planner.
- Confirm your wedding cake, flowers and decorations with your Wedding Planner.
- Consider taking a dance lesson with your fiancé for the reception bridal dance.
One Month Before
- Organize a rehearsal dinner for your bridal party with your Wedding Planner.
- Undertake your final fittings for your wedding dress and bridal party’s formalwear.
- Confirm final guest RSVP numbers with your Wedding Planner.
- Organize your wedding rings.
- Enjoy a luxurious SPA treatment to keep your mind and body relaxed before your special day.
- Organize an intimate send-off brunch with your family and special guests before your honeymoon.
Deciding your budget is an important aspect of planning your wedding celebrations.
The cost of your wedding ceremony and reception venue/s, cuisine and beverages will most likely comprise around half of your overall wedding budget.
Ceremony-specific costs include bridal party formal attire, wedding dress, marriage license, wedding day transportation, music and wedding rings.
Wedding decorations include items such as flowers, centrepieces, furniture rental, gifts and guest books.
Photography & Videography
Plan to allocate approximately 15% of your budget on wedding photography and videography for your special day.
Wedding Organization & Planning
At Sofitel, our secret recipe for a magical wedding experience is meticulous planning. Our dedicated team of event specialists will ensure that every aspect of your wedding - including special themes, exquisite cuisine, luxury accommodation, elegant floral compositions, and so much more - will be perfect down to the very last detail.